Sunday, April 24, 2005

Greetings from Winona Lake, IN !!

Well as most of you know we are at Grace College where I(Chris) am finishing my degree in Information Technology. Julie has kept herself busy by working full time at a company called Helvey and Associates, where she is a Payment specialist.She is going to be helping me with the upkeep of our website.
We started this website so friends and family could see what is going on with our lives. We are still very passionately pursuing missions and desire very much to plant a tribal church. I often ponder why Julie and I are here at Grace College and why we are not in the training right now. Right now, according to epm.org, in the world there are 1,700 unreached people groups. Unreached in that "they do not have a nationally led, viable, reproducing church." This would mean, according to what we believe, that these people will go to hell. I know its a startling fact but if we take a look at what the apostle Paul stated in Romans we can have a better understanding of all this. Some would argue that we cannot know for sure if these people are going to hell but we know from Romans 1:20 that creation testifies to a creator and that all men are responsible for such knowledge. Paul goes on to state in Romans 3 that there are none that are righteous and none that seek after God. All this to say that those unreached people groups are not going to come to know Christ on their own. Keith Green stated a quote that I have come to take to heart and that is "This generation of believers is responsible for this generation of lost souls." Even though Julie and I are far from where these unreached tribal locations, we continue to pray and hope for the day we might go there. Julie and I have adopted Paul's vision in Romans 15:20-21. Sorry for writing so much but this is our passion and desire.

~Chris

No comments: