Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Its Julie Again

The nurse who schedules the surgeries called me yesterday. My pre-surgery appointment will be Monday, March 9th and my actual surgery will be Tuesday, March 10. I talked to my mom and she will be able to come down the day of the surgery at least. We're still trying to figure out if we want my mom to take Joe back up to Michigan with her for a couple of days. You see, I'm not supposed to lift over 30 pounds for a few days after the surgery. So, while I'm sure that Joseph would be very understanding in the beginning, about the time he would hurt himself he would probably want me to pick him up and comfort him.

I'm hoping to be all recovered by that Saturday. My niece Audrey is having her 7th birthday and I would really like to go up to Michigan for that. Plus, Christopher could finally meet my new niece Madelyn, and, of course, I wouldn't mind seeing and holding her again.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. People keep asking me if I'm nervous. Nope!! I'm actually very excited. :~) Not necessarily at the thought of surgery, but for what I'm hoping it will do for me. I'm very excited to not have to worry about if I'm going to be in pain when I'm trying to plan stuff. Plus, Christopher and my anniversary is coming up. It's going to be the big five years, so it's nice that we'll actually be able to enjoy some time together. Yay! :) :) :)

3 comments:

Ashley Pichea [PicheaPlace.com] said...

if you need anything - food, someone to watch joe while chris is at work, etc, let us know!!

FennellFanClub said...

Thanks so much for the offer. I think we'll probably take you up on the food offer if that's OK. And maybe the watching Joe thing too. We'll have to see how it goes. I'll call you! :~)

Unknown said...

oh, honey, you're so brave! i love it! and i cannot believe that I was AT your wedding five years ago! I love you guys!