Joe has had a very busy day today. What has he done you ask? Well, after I got him up he promptly asked for eggs and toast. Which I was happy to give him. Halfway through breakfast, while I was talking to my Mom on the phone, Joe decided that it was time for an Oreo. So, he got a chair, climbed up on the counter, and before I could get it away from him, already had half of the cookie gone. After breakfast he decided that he didn't want to use the light switch to turn on his light. Rather he needed to climb up on his dresser to get to the actual light. This light is actually more like a lantern. So yes, it is all made out of glass. It was a nice lamp. All of a sudden I heard a loud crash and a cry from Joe. I run in his room to find the dresser on top of him (thankfully most of it had landed on his four wheeler) and the the contents of the dresser as well as the lamp scattered on the floor. Thankfully he wasn't hurt at all; not a scratch. But the lamp wasn't so lucky.
Later, I'm going to clean the glass out of the carpet and I'm going to put the hose in the vacuum. But, alas, I cannot. For there are about 8 AA batteries stuck in the hole where the hose goes. Now, I know you're thinking how did they get in there? Well, I have one word for you..... Joseph. Apparently he has been more mischievous than I even knew. I put him in the corner and successfully get out all of the batteries. Now, I am back in the bedroom cleaning up the glass. When I hear, "Mommy, I peed in my pants!" Great! So, I turn off the vacuum and assist my son in removing his soiled clothes.
Don't worry. The glass and pee :) are all cleaned up, the clothes are being washed, the vacuum is Ok, and I have recovered. Sometimes having a two year old (almost three) can be exhausting. And sometimes it is comical. I am choosing to let this be comical, which is why I wanted to share it with all of you. Hope it brought a smile to your face. :)
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
glad i'm not the only one having days like this! glad you can see the humor in it, too... if we can't laugh at them we might strangle them (or ourselves)... hope the rest of your week goes better!
sounds like joe...glad you chose the comic side of things - thanks for sharing your day!
very much made me laugh...so classic....glad joes' mom survived.
Post a Comment