Sunday, September 02, 2007

September Already!

Wow, it's hard to believe that September is already here. And this post may be boring to some of you, but I need something to do since I can't sleep. You see, Chris and I both have colds. Actually, I think mine has elevated to a sinus infection, and right now, I can't sleep. Don't know if it's the medicine I'm on or what, but nevertheless here I am. True, I could be reading a book, but I wouldn't want the light to wake up the boys. So, maybe I'll tell you a little bit about what happened this past week and what's coming up in the next.

Thursday was Chris' 24th birthday. And boy did we have fun! I'm sure that those of you who read the b-day post from Joe and me thought it was a little boring, but it had to be in order to not give away the surprise. You see after Chris' b-day dinner of Cream of Mushroom chicken (which tastes really good for those of you who have never had it) I "suggested" that Chris go out and get a movie for us to watch later while he opened up his presents. Little did he know that that had been the plan since Monday to get him out of the house so we could bring everything and everyone over for his surprise party.

But, it almost got botched up. You see, I had taken the cake and ice cream over to the Potter's house to hide it from Chris and they were going to bring it with them when they came over. Well, as Chris was walking out of the house to go get the movie he said "Oh, and I'm going to stop by Jon's house to drop off a CD" "OK" I said. Thinking in my head "Oh, no, how are we going to get them and the dessert over here if he's going over there?!" Well, as I was talking this over with Jon, Chris pulled in to the drive way! Thankfully, he didn't hear who Jon was talking to, so we got away with that part. And even with him seeing 3 other people/families that were coming over he still didn't know they were all on their way to our house. Well, long story not so short, we were able to pull it off and Chris was totally surprised! I have never thrown a surprise party for someone by myself before and I didn't realize how stressful it could be. But thankfully, it came off without a hitch and we had a great time and he still got to watch his movie.

Now for this next week. Let's see...I have 3 birthday parties that I'm going to. Evie Jones' on Sunday, my own on Monday (even though it's not until Wednesday) and Eileen's on the next Monday. We thought it would be fun if they all had themes, so mine is going to be the show Friends. I'm going to be Rachel. I even colored my hair to look more like hers! Just kidding! Although I did color my hair, I didn't realize until after I had already bought the color that it was her color too! So, hopefully we'll be able to get some fun pictures of that!

Then on Friday to Sunday I am going on a ladies retreat with our church. The hotel is in Shipshewana and it also has a water park in it. But, if you remember, pray for Chris and Joe. This will be the longest time they've ever spent together without me there. I hope they make it! ;~) I don't think they'll have a problem on Friday since it will only be a couple of hours after Chris gets home from work before Joe has to go to bed, and I'll be making meals for them to survive with. And Sunday, they'll go to church and I'll be home a little while after that. I just think that Saturday is going to be a long day for them. And pray too that I will be able to focus on the retreat while I'm there and not worry about the boys back here at home.

Well, I think that this post is long enough. Thanks for reading!

~For the Fennell Clan
Julie

1 comment:

ASHENFELTERS said...

i am excited to hang out with you at ladies retreat!It's going to be FUN!!!!!Hope you have a great b-day!Love, Connie