Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yay! We're finally at a place where I can start posting some pictures of our Christmas' with our families. First up is mine (Julie's) family. After we got all packed up on Saturday we made the drive up to MI to have the Grooten Christmas. On Saturday, I went out with my friend Marina to eat and then a movie. It's just a fun time for us to exchange gifts and reminisce about all the stuff we've gone through. I've known her since kindergarten. We also got to talk about her wedding, which I get to be in, coming up in September. It was so much fun! Thanks Marina!!

Then on Sunday after church, where I sang with my siblings and mom, we all got together and had a big lunch then opened our gifts.



Joe on the ride up to Michigan. He's probably hoping that all of the stuff doesn't fall over on him. We packed the car tight. Actually it wouldn't have been so bad except for that we had to bring all of the gifts with us.


Vicki (my younger sister) took this of me before we sang in church. We used to sing together all the time growing up. But since I don't live close enough I haven't sang in church in a while. My mom said it was the perfect Christmas gift.


Me with my friends Marina on the left and Julia on the right.


David (Sarah's husband) and Brett, their son.

My parents asked if we could get some family pictures this year. So here they are, My Family!!


The Taplin family. Aren't they beautiful?
Clockwise: Sarah, Brett, Audrey, Haley and Dave


Vicki with her fiance' Chad.


Me and Christopher.


My brother Casey. (I used to say "little brother", but he's not little anymore.)


My Dad and Mom. (With Casey peeking through in the back.)


And our family. I love that everybody is smiling in this one.



So this is all of my family eating supper. Actually it's not even all of my family. I couldn't fit all of them in the frame.



This one makes me laugh. We were trying to take another candid pose, so Sarah was setting the timer. But when she went to push the button to start the timer, she took a picture instead. Whoops! :~) I think I like my brother's and Dad's faces the best!



Aunt Vicki and Chad enjoying some family time.



All of the cousins playing together.



Vicki showing off just one of the many hats she received for Christmas.



Opening up presents. Believe me there were a lot. Two parents, four siblings, three of them with their special someone, two of them have kids (one with three) Total that's 13 people that have to give and get gifts. Thankfully though Mom made up a fun game for the adults to play while opening up their gifts.



Joe opening up one of his gifts. Just look at the anticipation!! ;~)



Brett showing how excited he is that Christmas finally came!

Hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into my family's Christmas. The next ones will be with my extended family.

No comments: