Saturday we had Katy Veil and the Potters over to decorate eggs. We did this last year too, so I guess its a tradition now. After that we watched the movie Enchanted. Its pretty good. Although I didn't get to see very much of it because I was busy getting the ham and potatoes ready for Sunday. Chris helped me with the potatoes until he cut his finger with the peeler. So, I got to peel and slice 10 pounds of potatoes by myself.
Sunday after we went to church we had a lot of people over for a big Easter potluck. We did this last year too. Had so much good food. And plenty of dessert. Then we did the Easter egg hunt. This year we got to do it outside. Even though it was a little bit chilly it wasn't snowing so we ventured out to hide the eggs. Joe had a lot of fun throwing the eggs that he found.
Well, we have a lot of pictures and videos. Hope you enjoy them. Hope you all had a relaxing Easter and remembered to thank God for making it possible to have this holiday in the first place. It's so easy to get wrapped up in not having to work and all the food, but I couldn't imagine not having a reason to celebrate this holiday. Jesus endured so much on that cross for us. It's a solemn thought until you wait a few days and then think of how glorious that resurrection must have been. Thank you Jesus for what you did for me and every one else. Happy Resurrection Day!!
All dressed up in our Easter outfits. I know they're not very springy colors but oh well.
"The Ham!"
Joe enjoying his Easter lunch.
Katy Veil with Alexis and Katherine McKay.
Jon and Jon doing what they do best. Supervise and point people in the direction of the Easter eggs.
Le Ann and Katherine enjoying the Easter Egg Hunt.
Katy, Alexis and Andrew looking for the illusive eggs.
Joe's 2nd Easter egg.
Aww...how sweet!!
Joe and Chris enjoying pizza on the floor together. Joe started off in his high chair, but decided he wanted to eat like dad.
This is us decorating our Easter eggs. Katy Veil and Jon and Christine Potter came over to help decorate. Lots of Fun!
We did an Easter Egg hunt again. This year we were able to do it outside.
This is everybody looking for the last egg. Le Ann and I hid them. Nice job Le Ann. We had to play "hot cold" to help them find it.
3 comments:
CUTE!
Hey, was fun hanging out with you last week! Have you heard anything back from CA? I have a nasty cold now!!:( YUCK! Will it NEVER end?? TTYS, Connie
That was a pretty intense few games of Uno Julie, and I had a lot of fun dominating in that one ;) "You didn't say Uno!!!!!!!!"
And hey, I did offer to help with the potatoes! ;)
Fun times... Thanks for having us over three days in a row!
Jon
Post a Comment