Saturday, January 31, 2009

Madelyn Kaya Taplin

Congratulations to my sister, Sarah, and her husband, David on their newest bundle of joy!! Madelyn was born on January 29 at 3:26 pm. She weighed 8 lbs 15 oz. and was 21 inches long. It was so nice to be able to go up there and meet her. Although I must say, it was quite an ordeal getting up there.

Joe and I left at about 2:00 and on the way up spun out and landed in a very deep ditch just outside of Leesburg, IN. I was trying to avoid getting hit by a guy that was passing someone in the other lane. So, when I went to put on by brakes we slid out of control and into about 1 foot of snow. Thankfully Joe and I were both OK. He thought it was very cool when the volunteers, police men and tow trucks came to help us. He liked all of their sirens. So after we got out of the snow, and I calmed down a little, we headed back up to MI.

We got there just in time to ride to the hospital with the rest of my family to meet my niece. Now...time for pictures!



Casey with Madi



Me taking a picture of Dave taking a picture.



The whole family: Brett, Sarah, Madelyn, Audrey, David and Haley



My mom with her new granddaughter



Me with my new niece.



Audrey with her new sister.



Haley with her new sister.



The cousins on the way home from the hospital. Pretty much crazy by this time.



The cousins (minus Madelyn) at Papa G and Grandma Bon's house. They may be in their pajamas but it was a while before they went to sleep.


The next day...


The next morning Joe, Brett and I made brownies to take up to the hospital when we visited Sarah and the baby again.



The boys with their chocolate faces.



No words.



Love her soo much.



Joe with his new cousin. He wanted to keep holding her.

No comments: