Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Surgery Today

Today I am having my surgery at Kosciusko Community Hospital. I go in at 12:00 to get all prepped. Then, Lord willing, I will be in the operating room by 1:30. My Dad and Mom came down last night to help out with Joe this afternoon while Christopher is at the hospital with me. If everything goes as scheduled I should be home recuperating by about 6. The procedure is only about an hour long, and then I have to wait for the anesthetic to wear off before I can go home.

I'm still excited about doing this. Thankfully God has given me His peace throughout all of this, and I haven't been worried for more than a couple minutes this morning. What a great God to be able to trust Him throughout all of this. I am very hungry though. I haven't been able to eat anything since last night, and haven't had anything to drink since this morning. I'm just trying to focus on how many minutes we have before we leave. :)

Thanks so much for all of the prayers already offered up to God on my behalf. It really means a lot to Christopher and I knowing that so many people care for us that much. On that note, we would really appreciate prayers for a couple of things specifically. The first, of course, would be that the surgery would be on time and go as anticipated. That I would heal quickly. And also that when Joe goes back up with my parents on Wednesday that we wouldn't miss him too much. :)

And anybody that wants to, feel free to come visit any time. I'll be by myself Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so especially Thursday and Friday I'll probably be bored out of my skull and would like company. If you do come over and I don't greet you at the door, know I'm trying to get there as quickly as I can. Just say a loud "hello" and come on in. Thanks again for all of the prayers and support from everybody. :)

Love in Christ,
Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

praying for you! hope everything goes well - no pain is good =)