Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An Update

First of all, I want to say Thank You to all of the people over the past few months who have been praying for me and showing genuine caring in wanting to know about my stomach issues. All of it has been greatly appreciated. I have realized lately that I am soon approaching 4 months in dealing with all of this medical stuff. Thankfully though I do have a diagnosis to share with you all.

I went to visit a gynecologist at the beginning of the month and he says that I most likely have endometriosis. I say most likely because it is impossible to say with 100% assurance that I have this without having a surgery. I'll go ahead and give a brief definition of what it is. However, if you would like to know more in depth what endometriosis is, as always, feel free to ask me, or search it on the internet. Endometriosis is a condition where some cells from my uterus, probably when I had a ruptured cyst, made their way into my pelvis. Hence, the "discomfort" I've been suffering for the last few months. It is not every day, thank goodness. And just like any other chronic illness I have my good and bad days. And this last couple of weeks the good have far outwayed the bad. :~)

I'm sure you all are wondering what we're going to do know. Well, the first thing is that we are trying to pay off all of the medical that I have incurred in the last few months. It has been a blessing to have wonderful insurance from Chris' work, but, alas, it cannot cover everything. Especially, since I have had to have some pricier tests/scans done. We are trusting God that we will be able to pay all of this off in His time, but it can be quite daunting when it comes all at once like this. Especially when we are trying to reduce our debt so that we can go on with the training with NTM.

There is no "cure" for endometriosis. But there are many ways to put it at bay. Right now on my "bad" days the doctor has given me some stronger medicine to help manage the pain. The other thing we are trying to do is get pregnant again. For some reason the hormones in your body when you are pregnant put the symptoms of endometriosis at bay for a couple of years. And since we were wanting to continue growing our family anyways ;~) we figured this is a good way for us to go. Please pray that I won't get frustrated when my illness gets in the way and that we will wait on God's timing and His will as to when we can add on another little one to the Fennell Clan.

As always, any questions you may have about endometriosis or my health are always welcome. I am trying to keep up with my normal activities and thank you to all who have been so understanding when I'm not able to. We are very blessed to have such wonderful and understanding friends and family. God bless you all!

~Julie (for the Fennell Clan)

1 comment:

ASHENFELTERS said...

BUMMER!Praying for you my friend....God's timing is perfect! We are studying Joseph(great name!:) at our bible study. It is amazing how God's timing worked in his life...read Gen. 38-43...It is amazing and will give you hope..because God always has a plan! Love you girl!